

We would like to say a final farewell to one of our regular day care doggies at Pampered Paws. Stumpy started coming to us every day and although he was blind and mostly deaf he made some very good friends at our place. He stayed in the office and would let us know when he needed to go out with his insistent bark. Sometimes he really didn't need to go out he just wanted to wander around the building for a while. I think we learned which bark was which after a while. In fact when Danny would bring him in the morning, he would bark all the way in the building like he was announcing his arrival. The bulldogs were in the room next to him and they could see him all day. And I think they wondered why he wasn't paying attention to them. Little did they know he couldn't see them. I believe Danny said Stumpy was 16 years old and I think all of the other dogs knew he was old and fragile because they were very careful around him like they could sense his seniority. Stumpy enriched all of our lives and we will miss him terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment